Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2018

SelfNote: WebAssembly With Blazor & .NET Core Upgrade

After set up the HTML5/Typescript roadmap for my group, I started to move my interest to other UI/visualization technology. With the Blazor is in the starting phase, I feel this is an opportunity to get real-time web rendering and .net core in one shoot. The get start part in Blazor is very helpful. Only one small bug for the project creation if you upgrade .NET core.

From PowerShell window, you can find the .Net core version by using "dotnet --info". The Blazor service generates the global.json file, which sits beside the solution file. This file is required to load the .Net core. The default value in the file is 2.1.300. 

{
  "sdk": {
    "version": "2.1.300"
  }
}
My computer is new and I directly installed 2.1.402 version. Now I got the error complains about "cannot import package". After change that version to 402, I can now manually add those created projects (Blazor Server and Client) to the solution.  

No comments: